A will is helpful to wrap up your finances and property after your death. Almost all will have the same kind of structure. Will is a professionally prepared document that can be written or typed. It describes, how you want to distribute your property after your death.
There are different types of provincial rules and regulations that a Will must follow. Below are the criteria that you need to obey to create a legal will in Canada.
1) The will must be written in a physical copy.
2) Your age must be over the age of majority and you must have a healthy mind. The age should be over 16 years for BC residents and the underage people can create a will if they are married, have children, or an armed force member.
3) if you have the will in typed format, you need two witnesses to who can confirm that you have signed your will.
4) You can not put the name of your witnesses or their spouses as an executor or a beneficiary. The people whom you choose as witnesses should not have any kind of benefit from your will.
5) Your signature must be at the bottom very end of the will.
I hope you got the idea of how you can make your will legal. When you are making your will, you need to keep these points in mind.
If you are looking for a will lawyer or an estate lawyer in Toronto then call Rogerson Law Group at 416-504-2259 for a consultation today.